Over the course of my career, I’ve worked with many Graphic Designers, Developers, Programmers, and Graphic Artists, and creative people in general. There’s a world of difference in how creative individuals work, and the way the rest of us work.
The best teams have found ways to merge the two.
Graphic design is hard work. What makes it especially hard, as far as I’m concerned, is that I can’t do it! To me, there’s a special reverence I have for those individuals who have a skill set that I could never have.
Here are 10 statements to avoid when talking with a Designer:
1. It’s ok, this job won’t take you very long. It’s pretty straight forward.
2. It just needs some “umph”, you know, the “wow” factor.
3. What’s that font that looks like crayons? Can we use that?
4. Here’s an image that I took on my phone, you shouldn’t have a problem blowing it up and putting it on the banner.
5. Make it pop.
6. This needs some text.
7. Just do whatever you want and then we’ll figure it out later.
8. Yes, the event is tomorrow, but this is fast, right?
9. Can you fill in the white space with some text?
10. Did you publish that on Word?
What would you never say to a designer?
Leave a Reply